Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One Eternal Round (Part 2)

I was reminded of my post One Eternal Round a few weeks ago today as I ignored my dedicated summer schedule and planted flowers instead of supervising my children's jobs. I really did post that blog with a firm expectation of having a committed, organized, productive summer with my last three children. We were unstoppable that first day. We cleaned everyone's bedroom thoroughly, spent a hour or so in the yard planting and weeding, checked off inside chores as well. Piano practicing? Ditto! Dinner was on the table promptly at 6:00 pm.

Would you like to know how many days we have completed our list since then? I won't bother to answer that one. Hope really must spring eternal. It's amazing but I really DID think we were going to conquer. Sigh.

No comments: