Monday, October 26, 2009

The gift of going slow....


My Dad has given me the gift of going slow. I'm a person who is always in a hurry, always trying to do a million things. I hate to wait in lines, in traffic, or to be put on hold. Since I have been taking care of my Dad, when I am with him I have to do things slowly. We are looking to pass the time of day so if we go the long way it doesn't matter. If I forget something and have to go back and get it, all the better. If we meander so be it. I've found there's enjoyment in shedding the schedule and just doing things as they come. At least for part of the day, I've learned to go slow. The other half of the day is a different story.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

This poem by Eve Merriam has been a favorite of mine for quite a long time...

A Lazy Thought

There go the grown ups
To the office,
To the store.
Subway rush,
Traffic crush;
Hurry, scurry,
Worry, flurry.
No wonder
Grownups
Don't grow up
Any more.
It takes a lot
Of slow
To grow.

Jason and Michelle said...

Aloha!

It was great to hear from you. We (the three of us) are doing really well. Deacon for the most part will only wake up about once a night. We went to weigh him in today and we have a 9 pounder on our hands. I love him more and more each day! We miss you and the fam! (We are going to the next fam reunion as we are moving home in just 8 short weeks)

Jason

P.S. I love going fast too=) people comment to me all the time that I walk too fast. I need to slow down and enjoy life before it passes me up!

Ro Ro Riot said...

Going slow is pretty much my favorite thing.

LHall said...

Yo Ro - I'm happy to hear you like to go slow. Get something up on your blog so I can comment!