Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh my aching ribs....

Hawaii + Waimea Bay + November + Boogie Board + Illusions of Grandeur = Cracked Ribs

Ouch! So far no signs of improvement. In fact, I think they are worse! I've done this before. You just live through it for about eight weeks. Four down, four to go. I'm blogging way too late out of a reluctance to go to bed. For some reason it hurts more to lay down than to be upright.

The shoreline looked like this...



And felt like this....



I'm still bummed I couldn't get past the wave break. Maybe next time!

...and to think we were actually considering surfing. We even went to pick up a surf board before we changed our minds. Silly, silly, silly!

5 comments:

Vonnie said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry...and I'm impressed that you're even thinking of a next time...I wonder if that is wise :)
I hope you heal soon. Maybe just in time to go skiing or snowboarding!

Any Girl said...

Mom, you are crazy, and a lot of fun.

LHall said...

Snowboarding's out - but I did pick up long boarding a couple of years ago with my kids. I think I'm past that one as well!

LHall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ouch! I found your blog via your family Christmas letter. It was delightful. Please tell Bethany she did a fantastic job.

I hope you're feeling better very soon. Too bad your fun was stopped short. Have a great day.

Candace