Friday, December 5, 2008

Lincoln's worst Christmas ever....

was when I bought him a Cabbage Patch doll. Being the liberated mother of the 70's and 80's I was not going to limit my children to sexist toys. If my girls wanted trucks and cars so be it. I believed in fostering the sensitive nature of my boys and so why would I leave my one son at the time out of the Cabbage Patch craze especially when I could buy him a cute, little boy doll that looked just like he did!

I didn't realize it for years (about 20!) but Lincoln was majorly disappointed. He was horrified at the prospect of going back to school and telling his friends he got a Cabbage Patch doll. In fact, he didn't tell them. I offered to pull out that very doll stored in the tub in my garage for therapy's sake and he threatened to burn it if he ever laid eyes on it. I'm sure that's an exaggeration as he was laughing but then again.....

1 comment: