Saturday, January 3, 2009

The power of mercy....

I tried to post a quote this morning and it deleted itself three times! After that I decided to let fate take it's course and I gave up. I guess I will now try a different quote.

"May we take a long-range view, both with our erring loved ones and with ourselves, as we fall so short of all that we wish to be, keeping in our hearts this assurance of Elder Orson F. Whitney:" They have but strayed in ignorance from the Path of Right, and God is merciful to ignorance. Only the fullness of knowledge brings the fullness of accountability. Our Heavenly Father is far more merciful, infinitely more charitable, than even the best of his servants, and the Everlasting gospel is mightier in power to save than our narrow finite minds can comprehend.' "

M. Catherine Thomas - Selected Writings p. 36

No comments: