Sunday, January 4, 2009

My buddies, Bos and Walt

Meet Bos....

...and Walt.

I awoke Christmas morning to the most terrific gift from Santa. By my stocking in all it's construction glory stood a Bostitch Compressor and nail gun/stapler kit. I've been wanting one for years. I've borrowed my brother's for months now. It was just about as exciting as when I bought my DeWalt mitre saw. I hid him (Walt) in the garage for a few months before I admitted to my family that I just went out and bought a saw and it wasn't even Christmas or Mother's Day. (That's what happens when your husband leaves the country for a few weeks. Walt was a good deal however! I rationalized this new addition to the family by adding up how much I was saving doing the finish work on the basement myself!) I'm quite fond of that saw. I could give up many things before I'd ever let him go.

So tomorrow I get to dive in to one of my on-going remodeling projects. I'm working my through the upstairs - repainting rooms, replacing baseboard (that is what the saw and nail gun is all about) and redoing the bathroom (refinishing cabinets, re-tiling counters, floors, tub, painting etc.) I have always had this addiction, but it rose to new heights last fall when I ended up doing all the finish work and painting in our remodeled flooded basement. I added to my list of "skills" and it just fueled the fire to keep going. I'm slow but a happy handy(wo)man. I get my highs wandering around Home Depot. You know, I've always wanted one of those cool looking tool belts.....

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

You go girl! Do you hire out? I can think of some projects I need done around here too! How did you ever learn such skillz?