Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Natalie...

Today is Natalie's (#8) birthday. She left the teenage years just a few hours ago (she was born around 8:00 pm) and became a mature twenty. Actually in some ways Natalie never was a typical teenager. She always seemed to be ahead of herself. She tended to hang out with her older siblings and cousins rather than others her own age. I picture her marrying someone older than herself with a bit of sophisticated. She tells me that event is a long ways off and that's fine with me. She is studying interior design and has a very artistic eye blended with a dose of pragmatism.

To celebrate her birthday she, three sisters and myself piled in the van and headed up Provo Canyon to the Park City Showcase of Homes. We were able to get through 17 of the 22 homes and we hashed out all the ins and outs of each home everyone's individual preferences. Nat likes clean lines, some dynamic blacks in the decor with some subtle funk here and there. Someday she's going to design a house for me which Lorien will landscape.

I enjoy spending time one on one with Natalie. I've learned that though she can be quiet in group settings, she is a deep thinker and has a great head on her shoulders. I always like having the chance to visit with her. We had a good time together this spring when I went up to BYUI to see her basketball tournament. She gave a great talk in sacrament meeting last week and as I was listening to her I thought she was quite the knock out all the way around in mind, body and spirit. I'm proud to be her mother. Happy Birthday Nat. I love you.

No comments: