Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blimey! I'm late!!


Ahoy! Last Friday, Sept. 19, was notable in two ways. First, in case you didn't know (and I'm sorry to be so slow in informing you of this important information), it was Talk Like a Pirate Day. Perhaps you were all out and about in your garb arrrrghing and shiverin' your timbers. (I did run into one person dressing the part - my daughter Bethany who should have invented Talk Like a Pirate Day.)

Secondly and more importantly, it was the 29th birthday of my son-in-law Kip who is appropriately Bethany's husband. Kip is a jolly good bucko and a bit of a pirate in his own right. (In the best sense of the word, of course!) I have the greatest respect and admiration for him. I'm not only glad he's in our family, I'm also grateful. He has made my daughter one very happy matey. I wouldn't trade him for all the pirate booty in the salty sea or land lubber buccaneers on shore. Yo, ho, ho - Happy Birthday Kip.

P.S. As you can see, I had to pull out my pirate dictionary to write this post, me hearties!

No comments: