Sunday, August 3, 2008

9 Lives

Inspired by my daughter's Nine Lives post I thought I would make a list of my own. It just won't be quite as creative and intriguing as hers but fun none the less. Here goes!

If I had 9 lives (other than the one I have) I would be:

An explorer - I would travel the world over and climb obscure mountains, hike into the nooks and crannies of the earth. I would need a few favorite people along who were up for any challenges and spontaneous side tracks.

A singer/musician - either jazz piano w/vocals or guitar folk singer. I would gather my musician friends for jam sessions every Wed. night.

A dancer - not ballet but maybe modern. Definitely knee slapping folk or clogging or tap dancing. Lots of rhythm - energetic, all over the place, exhilarating. I'd definitely dance in a group - no solos.

A rancher - Yep Lorien, I'd join you but not in Texas. It would have to be Wyoming, Montana or Colorado.

A philanthropist - I'd have lots of $$ to give away and I would fund worthy causes and give anonymous gifts and fund education for anyone willing to pull him/herself up by his/her bootstraps. Every Friday I'd go to a store and surprise a few people by paying for their purchases.

A Backwoodswoman - In my little cabin in the mountains I'd live the simple life - grow my garden, chop my wood, hole up and read during the winter by the fire. Go to town once a month.

A chef - but not at a restaurant. It would have to be a hobby. I'd have a fabulous kitchen with exotic ingredients and I'd specialize in gourmet but healthy food and have small dinner parties. As this would be on the side, I would also run a soup kitchen for homeless families. I'd need my previous life to fund all this.

A building contractor - I'd build custom homes for average people with a design team consisting of Lorien and Natalie. Very hands on. Beauty and functionality would be our goal. Breath deep the smell of cut lumber and new paint.

An interior designer - oh all those beautiful fabrics, rich woods, lovely paint. Definitely residential design.

CEO of a - Whoops! I'm out of lives. I was just getting going.

No comments: