Friday, May 30, 2008

Know the Truth and the Truth shall make you Free


The longer I live the more I grasp the freedom that exists in loving and living in truth. All other roads eventually dwindle into dead ends or become powerfully destructive. We often resist truth about ourselves and others. Pride is the proverbial blinder where truth is concerned. The quest for truth takes great humility, but it also lifts great burdens. I am talking about truth in any shape or form. I don't think we can accept truth on a grand scale until we are willing to take it in small daily packages. I find when I am fully and openly truthful about myself, (what are my real motives, desires, etc.) I automatically view others in a more compassionate light and I can accept course adjustments others may give me more readily. All of this includes stepping up to the plate, accepting responsibility for my actions (and non-actions), paying more attention to who I really am rather than who I want others to think I am. You can't begin a journey in any other place than where you are so knowing that truth is the first forward moving step in any aspect of life.

Know the truth and the truth shall make you free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about that a lot these last few months, and I like your thoughts on the subject. These last few weeks have actually been really good for me in regards to truth and learning little things. THanks for your thoughts.

Love ya,

Bethany