Thursday, May 29, 2008

I left my heart in Colorado

I do love the beautiful mountains in my home state of Colorado. I was born in Arizona but moved to Colorado twice. The first time I was five and we lived in Boulder. We moved back to Arizona just before my eighth birthday. Then after a short stint in Las Vegas, (another "cutting edge" place to live) we again moved to Colorado Springs when I was in junior high. (In desert vs mountains - the mountains win! I've often wondered what I was thinking when I chose to be born in the valley heat of Mesa, Arizona.) I graduated from high school in Colorado Springs so returning always has the feel of "going home." I have lived in Utah now for over 34 years but there's still a place in my heart for the other side of the mountain range.

My sister and I went to visit this past week. We took care of a little business, enjoyed family and wandered at will the rest of the time.

No comments: