Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mish Mash

I'm in decorating discontent.  My two most put together rooms (living room and dining room) before the remodel are now my least settled rooms on the main floor.  It's disturbing.  I'm a little jolted every time I walk in.  In comparison to the new addition these two room are a bit orphaned.  The curtains are down awaiting me to replace the sills and trim out the windows.  I've repainted and recarpeted and don't really care for either change.  The furniture in the dining room has finally hit that stage where suddenly it is old, worn out, broken, scratched into oblivion etc.  I've moved it around to freshen things up to no avail.  My area rugs aren't heavy enough to stay put on the new carpet.  I shouldn't be complaining as I've really had a great house year, but the budget is making a comeback which means random spending on new furniture, rugs and the like is not really an option.  It's just a lovely little reminder that life just never really is perfect.

No comments: