Monday, March 14, 2011

Mother Teresa and Joy...





 "Joy comes to those who in a sense forget themselves and become totally aware of the other."

"Joy must be one of the pivots of our life.  It is the token of a generous personality.  Sometimes it is also a mantle that clothes a life of sacrifice and self-giving.  A person who has this gift often reaches high summits.  He or she is like a sun in a community."


"Resist anything that leads to moodiness.  Our prayer each day should be, 'Let the joy of the Lord be my strength.'"

"Joy is very infectious.  We will never know just how much good a simple smile can do.  Be faithful in little things.  Smile at one another.  We must live beautifully."

"If you are joyful, it will shine in your eyes and in your look, in your conversation and in your countenance.  You will not be able to hide it because joy overflows."

I love reading about and quotations from Mother Teresa.  I have such an admiration for her.  I used to want to do something like she has done but as I had five children by the time I began reading about her I decided it would really be a better choice to not hang up my hat and head to India.  :)  And, I'm a believer that we all have our own path in life and that there are many opportunities each day in our own unique, obscure lives to make contributions to the world one person at a time. 


The young Mother Teresa


   












3 comments:

Jarred and Rachelle said...

I love this!! I have been thinking about " Joy" a lot lately. My patriarchal blessing says that my children will bring me great joy. All I can decide is there is nothing like the "great joy" I get from Andrew. And I can only imagine how much more joy I will get from future children. All of a sudden, since Andrew has been born the word Joy has taken on a bigger meaning than it ever has before. Anyways, I love all these quotes about Joy. I Love Joy!!

LHall said...

That is so awesome Rachelle. You are such a wonderful mother.

Sybil said...

Love the quote! It is true about the worth of a simple smile. The important things in live are usually not that hard.