Sunday, February 21, 2010

Scriptures of strength and solace...


A few years back during a time of spiritual need I collected a number of sciptures that gave me strength and hope. I have them printed on 4x5 cards and keep them in my scriptures to draw from as needed. I would like to share a few of them with you.

"Hast thou not known? Has thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall untterly fall; But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40: 28-31)

"...for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." (Psalms 27:14)

"My name is Jehovah, and I know the end from the beginning, therefore my hand shall be over thee." (Abraham 2:8)

"And it shall come to pass that power shall rest upon thee; thou shalt have great faith, and I will be with thee and go before thy face." (D&C 39:12)
There are many. These are just a few. If you have beloved scriptures or quotes of faith and strength please share!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this has added onto the beauty of today. Thank you for sharing these and the idea.
I've come across a scripture recently that I now love and reading this post reminded me of it:
Jacob 2:8
"...the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul."

kara said...

Loved all these scriptures! The beginning if the year, when 2 of my babies were basically on life support and I was a wreck, I happened to come across the YM/YW theme for 2010 and decided to make it my own theme for the year.

Joshua 1:9 'Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with ther whithersoever thou goest.'

Still surviving on this lovely, comforting verse.

Jarred and Rachelle said...

The one I always turn to is D&C 6:36. It always gives me hope, comfort and encouragement. "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."

Kristin said...

I was about to leave Joshua 1:9 as well. The message has been a huge source of strength to me in a surprising variety of ways and experiences. He does know me. He understands. He is with me. Did I mention, HE knows Me?! humbling

I love the Isaiah scripture you shared. Thank you.

LHall said...

Thank you all for sharing. All great thoughts.