Thursday, February 25, 2010

Precious Grace


"Most of us spend many, many years trying to do things on our own. We believe in God, to be sure. We know of the availability of the precious grace and tender mercies of Jesus. And yet our hearts tend to cry out (even if we never utter the words), "I can handle it!" The fact is, I cannot handle it; neither can you. No one can "handle" life without help, particularly heavenly help. There comes that moment when it dawns upon us-and a singular moment it is-when we admit to the fact that our omnipotent, omniscient, and omni-loving God can do far more with our lives than we can. Humility ushers us into the realm of submission and surrender. And, ironically, submission and unconditional surrender to the true Captain of our souls lead eventually to victory."

From Men of Valor by Robert Millet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I really needed to hear this at the present time. Life can be so overwhelming, but what a comfort to know that our Heavenly Father loves us and is sure to help if we just ask.

Hug my kids for me, OK?

Ro Ro Riot said...

Sometimes we forget how much willing help is available. Thanks for the reminder. Also, I think my mom used to work for the man that wrote this quote. How small the world is.