Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Companion and Guide


We had Stake Conference a few weeks ago. The entire Sunday session was on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. As I listened to the talks, I understood in a way I haven't before, our critical need for the third member of the Godhood. The Holy Ghost isn't just a nice Guy that helps us through mortality. He is essential for our return trip Home. Ever since I have wanted to share with you (whoever you are) a few thoughts from my notes. This desire hasn't gone away so I will now do so:

The Holy Ghost is the connecting link between us and the Savior and thus the atonement. (The H.G. testifies of Christ, calls us to repentance and reminds us to keep the commandments.) The Savior is the connecting link between us and the Father. (The Savior testifies of the Father and has atoned for our sins that we might return.) Our journey back home to our Father begins with the Holy Ghost.

"The Holy Ghost is a lamp to light our onward march."

"It is Lucifer who will lead us off the path that we may thus lose the companionship of the Holy Ghost. We then are left alone and he, Lucifer will abandon us."


5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

(Book of Mormon | Moroni 10:5)


"The Holy Ghost comes as a therapy that heals the sin sick soul."

"God bless us to associate ourselves with the Holy Ghost."

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

You always have the best insights. Thanks for providing thought material for today.

c.j. said...

Nathanael showed me your blog when he was sworn in - all of the pictures! I found that the link is still on my internet after months.

This is beautiful. I'm glad I stumbled across it and your blog today.