Thursday, September 17, 2009

I give unto men weakness.....


27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.      (Book of Mormon | Ether 12:27)

We don't like them.  We want them to go away.  They just interfere with our happy lives.  I am talking about our "thorns in the flesh" as Paul would say.  The reluctant reality is that Heavenly Father really has given them unto us.  It's part of mortality.  They drive us to our knees and potentially into the arms of the Savior.  What is He trying to teach us?  Perhaps that He is the only real and unlimited and perfect source of power and strength.  Our struggles will eventually lead to an endowment of power to do what we really have come to earth to do.  If our every desire was given us on a platter we would truly be weak indeed.  


1 comment:

Kristin said...

I have recently been contemplating the thorns in my life. Those times I have been most successful dealing with some of them, I had literally turned to the Lord for help. He truly helped me. Amazing. Thank you for the reminder. Most recently, He helped me have meaningful one on one time with my children. Granted, the laundry didn't get done, but He helped me when I asked. It was beautiful. Here's to being thankful for the thorns and the bandaids.