Monday, March 19, 2012

The joys of framing...

 OK - I'll admit it freely - I LOVE to frame.  Not the picture kind.  I mean the nitty, gritty 2X4, chop saw, nail gun variety.  I'm starting to finish our addition to the basement.  We framed the outside walls last summer.  This week I am doing inside stuff like closets and enclosing heat ducts etc.  What is it about framing that I absolutely love - even, more than finish work?  I think I like the satisfaction of seeing a creation rising from the dust.  It's fast (if you measure correctly) somewhat creative in that you can find solutions to problems, (especially when you don't really know what you are doing so you just figure out what will work :)  Sadly I don't think any framing crew is looking to hire a 59 year old female mother of eleven, grandmother of 12.  Luckily I don't really want to frame for a living, just for fun.  The problem is I only have one basement to give for my framing obsession. 

Here we go!
 

That wasn't too bad!
 

Getting better....

Fun!

3 comments:

Kimberly Cantrell said...

Well, when we eventually put in our wood floors we will have to pull out our trimming so you can do as much trimming in my house as your please!!!! Is trimming the same thing as framing?

Anonymous said...

You Absolutely AMAZE me!!!

kara said...

You are my handy woman hero!