Friday, May 21, 2010

San Diego

In Feb. Lincoln and Alena invited Randy and I to hang out at a condo with them in San Diego - Coronado Island to be exact.  It was a lay-low vacation of sorts meant to get me to rest from my labors - something my health was forcing me to do anyway at the time.  We booked for the 3rd week in April.  All the while I was wondering if the whole thing would fly because of Grandpa.  He was going downhill and I didn't know how he would be and if I would be able to leave.   Well, Grandpa surprised us all by exiting the scene on April 10.  (I can hear Grandma saying, "Lloyd, get over here.  You aren't going to mess up Lloya's vacation.)  Then we thought the funeral would be scheduled on the day we were suppose to leave.  The mortuary had told us there were no openings earlier.  We also had to get Grandpa shipped to Denver.  We called back Monday to verify the week-from-Tues. date for the funeral when lo and behold they had gone ahead and scheduled it on Friday.  Ft. Logan Cemetery fit us in as well which previously had been a problem.  So true Frey style we pulled together a funeral in four days, all of us re-located to Denver and everything came off fabulously.  So, the end point of this story is we were able to go to San Diego!  I'm putting my money on Grandma being the mover and shaker here.  And of course, if the plans hadn't have worked I would have been just fine taking care of Grandpa.


It was great to have some time with Randy.  Life is busy and we don't get that too often.


I like this picture of Randy.




Lincoln, Alena and Townsend were great hosts.


It was cold and rainy much of the time but we did brave the swimming pool on the one sunny day.


Townsend's first swim.


The first merry-go-round ride at Del Sol.


A house with personality right across from the beach.


Thanks Lincoln and Alena and Towns.  It was great fun.

1 comment:

Alena said...

I hope it becomes a tradition :)