Sunday, August 9, 2009

We're off to see the wizard....


It's late Sunday night (or should I say early Monday morning) and I can't sleep. This seems to be a common problem for me. It comes in cycles, usually when my brain won't shut off. I've been lying in bed thinking about a myriad of topics ranging from eternal truth to the tasks at hand in the morning. I'm packing for a trip to Colorado with my three youngest children and my 87 year old Dad. That should give one pause for thought. My Dad seems even keel at the moment and last winter when we moved him from Denver to Provo I promised him that if he was still healthy in the summertime, I would take him back home to visit my mother's grave. He has profound dementia so he doesn't remember the promise, but I still want to keep it if possible. I pretty much have to be by his side when he is in my care so I might as well do that in the car. He left Colorado kicking and screaming (for all intents and purposes that is a true statement) last February so I'm hoping the return trip isn't in the same vein. We will stay two days and then wend our way back over the mountain. Wish me luck.

P. S. Eternal truth will have to wait for another night.

No comments: